Apr 22, 2019
Terry Swanson is a Nurse Practitioner specialist in Wound Management, Service Provider for South West Healthcare Wound Management Services and Vice Chair of the International Wound Infection Institute. In short - a guru of wound management!
Today we discuss the new Therapeutic Guidelines "Ulcer and Wound Management". https://www.tg.org.au/
1. General principles when approaching a wound
2. History to consider in healing
3. Examination of a wound and investigations
4. Aims of ulcer and wound management
5. Dressing types and principles
6. Specific wound management - arterial, pressure, venous, infected, hypergranulation, wet, dry etc etc
More resources at the International Wound Infection Institute - http://www.woundinfection-institute.com/
Conflicts of Interest: Terry received an honorarium for her time (not from me!) and advises on various wound products. In all her correspondence she ensures the following is clear "Due to my affiliations with companies and organisations nationally and internationally there may be a perceived or actual conflict of interest. These conflicts will be managed in the public’s best interests."
Thanks all, rating 5 stars in iTunes is a great help +/- a review for this free resource.