Nov 15, 2017
Welcome to the first of a new segment I am trying out every now
and then. I review the theory and science behind
controversial topics and rate it - confirmed, busted or
I have had a lot of requests to cover medicinal cannabis, so
here it is. There is some really interesting science here,
but it is still early days. In this episode we cover:
What is medicinal cannabis?
How does it work?
What conditions can it be used in and what is the level of
What are the side effects?
What forms does it come in?
What is the cost to the patient?
How do you apply for it?
What don’t we know about it?
If you don't agree with me for what ever reason - don't be a
hater! Just let me know - peacefully!
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, The
Health effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids, 2017
- QLD Health, Clinical guidelines; for the use of medicinal
products in QLD, 2017,
- Sachs et al, Safety and Toxicology of cannabinoids, 2015,
- Whiting et al, Cannabinoids for Medical Use: a systematic
review and meta-analysis, 2015, JAMA, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26103030
- Borgelt et al, The pharmacological and clinical effects of
medical cannabis, 2013, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23386598
- Grotenhermen et al, The therapeutic potential of cannabis and
cannabinoids, 2012, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23008748