Jan 13, 2018
A/Professor Megan Munsie PhD is the Deputy Director for the Centre for Stem Cell Systems at The University of Melbourne and the Head of the Education, Ethics, Law & Community Awareness Unit at Stem Cells Australia www.stemcellsaustralia.edu.au
Stem cell therapy is something I am being asked more and more about so I did some research and came across A/Prof Munsie. Are they just another snake oil or do stem cells hold great opportunity for treating a wide range of severe and common disorders? Today we find out:
- What are stem cells
- What conditions is there consistent evidence in treatment?
- What treatment avenues are we exploring?
- Where is it too early to be recommending stem cells?
- The occurrence of commercial exploitation
- Risks, cost and ethics of stem cell therapy
Below is a list of helpful resources: